Friday, February 1, 2013

what a lame Bishop's Pastoral letter...

http://www.anglicansabah.org/2010.1/main.htm#
Bishop’s Pastoral letter-
My dear brothers and sisters in the Lord,
May I send you greetings and peace as I begin my six-month sabbatical for rest, reflection and quiet prayer. I have always found it hard to take a “rest”, because work is never finished. It is difficult to stop when not all our projects are done. But I am learning that we do not wait for work to finish in order to stop. Sabbath requires surrender. We need to rest even when our work is not done. In doing so, we surrender our sense of our own importance to the larger forces at work in the whole of creation. If we stop, it does not mean that the whole world will stop. So to take a rest requires the kind of humility to admit that we are not indispensable. And I am learning this right at the beginning – to surrender to God who is working out His good purpose for His church. I will be spending time to learn how to be quiet and listen to the Lord. I will attend some courses. I will spend time to walk and pray. I will also spend time with some Christian leaders to seek their counsel. I will spend time in a monastery to learn silence. At the end of my sabbatical I will also spend time with Pete Scazzero to learn how to develop emotionally healthy spirituality.
In my absence, Archbishop Bolly has appointed Bishop Moses Tay as “facilitator” to find God’s way forward for our Diocese. Bishop Moses was our first Archbishop and has served as Bishop for many years. He is a man of deep spiritual wisdom and insight. He will be stationed at the pastors’ apartment 2 weeks at a time. Anyone can make an appointment to see him.
I have also appointed my Commissary with the full concurrence of the House of Bishops. My Commissary will act on behalf of the Bishop as is the practice when the Bishop is away from the Diocese. This time, I have decided to appoint Rev Herbert Tong because I wanted someone outside of our present group of senior clergy. I do not want to see any of our present senior clergy to come under any attack and being accused of being one of Bishop’s cronies. Rev Herbert served as the Dean of All Saints’ Cathedral for 5 years. He served in Labuan, Sandakan, Tawau, Tongud, and at Christ Church Likas before. He knows our Diocese well. He is also very senior in ordination. He is a man of prayer and he listens to the Lord’s leading; After he made his “exit” from the Diocese, he has continued to serve under an honorary license issued by Bishop Yong Ping Chung till today. His ministries to the wider church include teaching, training, counseling and preaching. I have great confidence that the Lord will give him leadership to oversee the Diocese in these 6 months. He will operate from the Bishop’s office and will make visits to churches from time to time. I ask all our members and leaders to give him the fullest support. If you have a need to see him, you can arrange that with the Diocesan office.
I want to thank many of you for your support and prayer. In the end, we will all face God for judgment when all our works will be revealed by fire. So let us not judge before its time. The fruits will tell the tree. Let us all work together to “build strong local churches in the Diocese and beyond that are passionate in worship, powerful in preaching and prepared for effective mission and evangelism”. Let us not be distracted but to focus our resources and strength to build up the church and to mobilize our church to reach the nations.
I hope to see you after I return. Please pray for me and I will be praying for you. 2Co 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.


<><><>

Prayer and the Healing Waters of the Love of Jesus

Pete Scazzero

Prayer is carrying people, paralyzed by life, to the healing waters of the love of Jesus.
We meet a man in John 5, paralyzed and suffering for 38 years, who has been unable to get to the healing waters of the pool.  Fred Craddock notes that, perhaps, this was because able-bodied people with headaches, sunburn, and fever blisters continually beat the lame, the blind, and the paralyzed to the pool. What kind of community would allow someone to suffer 38 years without once helping him to the head of the line?
At our NLF staff meeting last week, we symbolically created the “pool” through placing a blanket in the middle of a circle. We then invited individual staff to step into the “center of the pool,” representing people paralyzed by life. The rest of us in the circle then picked up the edges of the cloth blanket and gently ruffled it, “troubling the waters.” We asked God to bring healing to our youth, singles, marriages, the community, etc.
It was beautiful. I was deeply moved. And I have been carrying people to healing waters of love of Jesus ever since.

I also have been asking myself: What are things in our church that impede people from getting to the healing waters of God’s love? How can we be more responsive to people who need to get to His powerful healing water?
 http://www.petescazzero.com/contemplative-spirituality/prayer-and-the-healing-waters-of-the-love-of-jesus/


JK's comment: -The members of ADOS had tried in vain to  bring AVCF to the healing water with prayers etc.  Instead AVCF had been telling members to leave ASC..etc.

I will analyse this letter... 

 UPDATE

BISHOPGATE needs to have been solved at least a year ago.

Yet there has been no urgency for PHOBs.  Why?

Now the socalled commissary and the mediator or "facilitator" a term not used by BLapok, do not
appear to have any urgency too as they were sort of appointed on 22/23 January, 2013 or much earlier.

We have not heard of their programme to resolve BISHOPGATE.

What is the point of asking us - individually to see them - alone or separately when the crisis is so big worth RM100m and more.

Who are now the fools?
 

4 comments:

  1. "Sabbath requires surrender." AVCF to surrender to the law for his crimes aplenty.

    "I will spend time in a monastery to learn silence. " How can AVCF escape from his crimes already piling up for more than 20 years. There is no escape except his surrender to the law of the land.

    These two points are very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What work did AVCF actually did in 6 years as Bishop?

    He never present an itinerary annually.

    He always disappear for his personal enjoyment some where..

    Even in 2012, he hardly did much confirmation services, check it out in the December, 2012 ADOS Bulletin,

    Most of the time he was planning how he could rob the church using his prerogative power including letting a woman to use the deanery for almost six year worth over RM500k. If not his family, then who is that woman?

    He was missing in action at the ASC AGM 2012 possibly seeing family member in Bangkok...and so hard working for personal 'lust'.

    Where is the RM85000 transferred to Thailand for the visa fraud?

    Why buy a Condominion in Bangkok and for whose use?

    Who actually took the RM120K for the bonus before the year end when the woman left on 7th December?

    the list of his busyness is endless...

    ReplyDelete
  3. from truthasc blog

    Disappointed wrote "the real agreement with him/HOB"

    How can anyone deal with the biggest thief with an agreement?

    Sack AVCF, jail AVCF, crucify AVCF, lynch AVCF. OK once and for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AVCF should not be allowed to drag on the crisis created by him and assisted by his cronies.
    As it is his problems in BISHOPGATE, I don't see any point as directed by AVCF to see MT or HT with his problems.

    Tell me how can MT and HT solve this massive crisis of AVCF.

    We do not know the term of reference of the transition arrangement.

    We know this transition still in the boiling stage is costing the ADOS all the resources without any sense of direction.

    Are the PHOBs still insane as infatuated by AVCF?

    ReplyDelete