Monday, November 24, 2014

Just remove the position of Archdeacon like that???

BAV Revoked Rev. Moses Chin as Archdeacon

In an email to all the clergy today, Bishop Albert Vun revokes Rev. Moses Chin as an Archdeacon effective 1 December 2013. Rev. Moses Chin, who was on vacation, learned this news via email. What prompted this drastic decision against one of the Diocese’s most senior clergymen? While BAV insisted his announcement was not for “unhealthy speculation or discussion”, the absence of any good reasons creates precisely that. Is that what BAV wants to achieve at the end of the day? Does it have anything to do with the upcoming election of the next Bishop? While none of us know for certain what’s being churned in BAV’s mind, it is clear that he continues to be unkind even in his last days.
Here is the email from BAV:
Dear Clergy and Pastors
My following announcements is for your information and not for any unhealthy speculation or discussion :
1.  God willing, I will be making Rev Jon Shuler of the New Anglican Missionary Society as one of our Canon Missioners on the 19th January 2014
2. God willing, I will be making Rev Lin Khee Vun a Canon occupying St Patrick’s Stall in the Cathedral on the 19th January 2014
3. Effective 1st December 2013, I have revoked my appointment of Rev Moses Chin as Archdeacon. I will not be making any Archdeacon until I have clergy ready and able for the duties. I thank Rev Moses for his service over the years.
In Christ
Bishop Albert Vun
Bishop of Sabah

No comments:

Post a Comment